Thursday, November 21, 2013

Open the Eyes of my Heart Lord

 
 
 
 


Open the eyes of my heart Lord
 
Open the eyes of my Heart
 
I want to see you
 
I want to see you
 
To see you high and lifted up
 
Shining in the light of your glory
 
Pour out your power and love
 
As we sing
 
Holy, Holy, Holy
 
Holy, Holy, Holy
 
Holy, Holy, Holy
 
I want to see you
 
 
Have you ever seen Christ?  Really just stared in His eyes?   Sometimes He reveals Himself in the ways we would never expect.
 
He revealed Himself in our new friend, sister Dee.  Sister Dee was parking in her 1971 Ford motorhome at truck stop just north of Palm Springs.  She was stranded in need of help, she described herself as homeless, disabled, and looking for someone to help her get her home started.  But what she said next revealed the power of Jesus Christ.  She proclaimed with bible in hand that she loved Christ & He has taken care of her for seven years while she has lived on the road.
 
At that moment Christ looked me right in the eyes and poured out His power and love through Dee.   So Rob took a look at the engine and figured it out to be the battery.
 
As we were saying our good-byes we prayed together and made sure she was going to be ok till her next stop.
 
But to be honest with you as I hopped back in our truck and we drove away I began to cry.  Sister Dee was in that very place at that very second for me.  I was the one who needed His love through her.
 
I was so blessed by sister Dee, and what is so great is that she texted me yesterday letting us know she was praying for our family  and letting us know that Christ was with her always.
 
 
 
 
The Open Road Ministries
 
 
 
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment